Illustrator - Designer - Teacher
Just like any other artist, I was always drawing or creating something as a child.
I was lucky enough to have parents who were great cheerleaders and supported my artist spirit, making me who I am today.
Thanks Mom and Dad!
Here are some things about me...
* If you haven’t guessed it, I love art.
* I also love to fix things.
* Baking relaxes me.
* If I can make one person laugh, I consider it a good day.
* I have a golf obsessed husband that I absolutely adore.
* I have two beautiful, amazing girls, who inspire me every day.
* I have allergies, especially to everything outside.
* I like to garden - which having the above makes a little difficult.
* I love to draw and paint.
* I love to draw and paint flowers because they make me happy.
* Many of my collections focus on nature.
* I love to draw and paint other things because I can - and that makes me happy too!
* I paint what I’m passionate about at the time. Coffee, wine and cocktail collections are no exception, after all I am a wife and mother of two!
* My mediums include watercolor, colored pencil, marker, and gouache. * I have really amazing, supportive friends. How lucky am I?
* I love to learn.
* I earned my BFA in Illustration from the University of Hartford Art School in 1990.
* I originally began my career as an Illustrator and Animator for an educational software company.
* I was a founding member of a company called Funnybone Interactive where I designed, illustrated, animated, and produced award-winning educational software products for children. We started with 6 people, and grew to over 100. This company soon became a division with Vivendi-Universal Games.
* As an Executive Producer and Art Director at Funnybone I worked with clients including Mattel, Warner Bros., Fisher-Price, Knowledge Adventure, and Simon & Schuster.
* I love a challenge.
* In 2000 I decided to stay home after the birth of my oldest and go freelance.
* My nickname as a child was Bink.
If you check out my Etsy shop that's where Binks Studio comes from.
* I’ve created logos, designed websites, drawn illustrations, built newsletters, and consulted in marketing as well.
* In 2009 I started teaching art classes. I started a program for kids called Art Explorers and have loved it since the start. I’m proud of the classes I teach and even prouder of my students.
* I entered the Art Licensing world in 2012 and have found my new passion.
* Do what you love, love what you do, definitely applies to me.
All artwork displayed on this website may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without the expressed written consent of Lisa Conlin.© Lisa Conlin 2015